A collection of helpful articles, research, and videos about working with kids or using comic books and graphic novels with children.
- Don’t be afraid to let children read graphic novels. They’re real books.
- Karen MacPherson, librarian, Washington Post
- Exploring Literary Devices in Graphic Novels
- Ashley K. Dallacqua, Language Arts Volume 89 Number 6, July 202
- Let’s Get Graphic: Meeting the Needs of Today’s Readers and Writers Through Graphic Novels
- Susan Luft, ELA coordinator, International Literacy Association
- Carousel 012: Thumbnails
- Jesse Hamm shares his advice thumbnailing a page.
- How Graphic Novels Connect Students to Social Justice Issues Worldwide
- Dr. Michelle M. Falter, North Carolina State University
- Margaret Robbins, The University of Georgia
- 2021 ALSC Graphic Novels Reading List
- ALSC (Association for the Library Service to Children)
- Includes K-2, 3-5, and 6-8 Graphic Novel Recommendations
- Reading Graphically: Examining the Effects of Graphic Novels on the Reading Comprehension of High School Students
- Dr. Michael P. Cook, Clemson University
- Reading Process Comparison between Graphic Novel and Traditional Novels
- Emily M Maniace, The College at Brockport: SUNY
- Why Comics?
- Tracey Edmunds, M.A. Ed